Virtual Women’s Half Marathon

Hello guys! It’s been such a fast week and it’s probably because I’m home and not at work. The weeks just seem to go by faster when you aren’t at work. It’s been so  nice being home and being able to just soak up the silence and get everything done that I don’t usually get to do when I’am at work. But I also miss the social connection and being at work. I love it all. 

Anyways, in terms of how my running has been going, I’m picking up my mileage once again for my long runs. My mileage is usually 4-5 miles a day and lately I’ve been doing back to backs where I run in the evenings too, but I quickly felt the burnout from it and decided it was best to pull back. I’ve been experimenting with my diet. Going into a calorie surplus because I feel like my body definitely needs the extra calories. I often wonder if I’m underfueling and eating enough. I’m also working on going to bed earlier too and see if that makes my runs better. There’s so much science, trial, and errors when it comes to running. But listening to my body has been so good for me. I’m feeling so much better and not as tired anymore. The reason: not enough carbs. See how hard it is to eat a lot haha! It can be rough, especially if you’re not as hungry or feel the need to eat. But I’ve gotten way better. I love food, it’s just hard eating in a surplus.

I’m also happy to announce that I will be running the Virtual Women’s half on April 10th and I’m super excited for this! It’s going to be a good one. https://virtualwomenshalfmarathon.com/event-item/womens-half-marathon/

I will also be following the Hal Higdon Program for my half and that will start up soon. At the moment I have just been running and not really following a certain training plan but that will change come Monday. So ready for it. Link in my post! Are you ready to commit?! I know I am!!! 
#VWHMBR

BibRAVE$5off" for $5 off any distance 
 

Comments

Popular Posts